Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lourdes - Visit of a pilgrim


Image : http://www.flickr.com


This is our first night in Lourdes, France. Through the open window of my hotel room, I could see the flickering candles in the dark little slow. The church bells are strong in the cold. Then I heard the singing of "Hail, Hail, Hail Mary of a large number of pilgrims.

I feel like a step back in time. Lourdes gives you the feeling that without time. Perhaps it is because faith is alive with fervor in this city is the center of life, which for me isremarkable that in this age of materialism.

Nobody comes to Lourdes for the event.

When I see my room at Hotel La Soledad and paintings by Van Gogh Cafe Terrace on the Place du Forum, on the wall above the bed, I begin to understand why no one comes to Lourdes for the event. How can I explain the coincidence of finding the paintings of Van Gogh hanging in my room back said the Philippines? It is no coincidence that here, in Lourdes.

Werecalled Our Lady of Lourdes. Has a message for you.

For three days we have heard all the English Mass at 9:00 Chapel San Cosme y San Damian. The mass was concelebrated by several priests, and the first day I had the honor of reading the Gospel to an audience of different nationalities - American, British, Indians, Filipinos, Australians, Canadians, etc. The priest Lourdes are very passionate about their Catholic faith and the grace of God to enlighten the pilgrimswith wisdom in his preaching. Fri Marian, who as a priest, tells us that Lourdes is not a coincidence. We are of Our Lady called with a message. It 'clear to us that message.

Remorse, repentance, penance. Pray for the conversion of sinners.

Bernadette's words still ring true repentance of the Madonna and conversion. Inspired by the Eucharist, my friends and I walk to the Chapel of Reconciliation, where the confession begins at 10in daily life. We used to meditate on our sins, led by a brochure on the Sacrament of Reconciliation:

They came to experience the Lord for forgiveness and compassion. It 'a very personal relationship with God, sin is not simply a series of failures. It 'also our participation in what is really bad: disbelief, indifference, selfishness, violence, contempt for the weak, eroticism, racism, abandonment of the poor, research money lost, the spirit of pride andSuperiority. The call to reconciliation is the message of Lourdes.

Go to the fountain and washing.

At the heart of Lourdes grotto. Like other pilgrims line on us to be close to miraculous spring that Bernadette dug in 1858. Got a license Croatian pilgrims to add to their online contacts with a handkerchief, the rock of the cave. I am a drop of water, soil at the top of my head. No, it does not rain. Suitecolumns of rock in the cave. Aida Blessing my friend behind me. Seconds later, a drop of water falling on the shoulders. Soon we reached the baptismal font, which is visible through a pane of glass on the floor. This is an impressive sight! My heart swells with joy and wonder of these celestial wonders.

I put all my heart for the bathroom, but the next day, my period, it is impossible to swim. But I'm happy because it is a small miracle. I lost myMenstruation for several months prior to travel. Too much stress, worry and work left marks on my body the normal cycle. However, once again, if they are in Lourdes. So instead we do the Water Walk, composed of several drinking water wells, where you can drink or wash water source itself, with passages from the Bible and prayer in each well. Despite the rain and cold to take my twin sister Joan and I decided photos of all good. I know it sounds silly, but I wanted homeSome of Lourdes. The passages of the Bible reminds me of our trip to Israel ten years ago, and I wanted to remind future tenders for meditation.

Tell the priests present, people come in procession and to build a chapel ....

Heavy Weather is strange, after the resident priest. While other parts of France clear and cool spring, Lourdes remains cloudy, rainy and cold. Despite this, every night, we see many pilgrims clothesgo in winter clothes and candles in the room at night procession of the Marian Rosary. The way to salvation is not easy, I'm also one of the pilgrims.

We support our third night. How can I explain the feeling of belonging to a human race that God loves everyone? A meeting of souls who are devoted to Mary, Mother of God? Imagine the night, thousands of candles lit, the choir of the Ave Maria and Salve Regina, the rosary recited at variousOutside, moving shapes, and the cold and rainy. In Lourdes pilgrims storm heaven with prayer, day and night. Marian procession in the night is a unique experience.

I am the Immaculate Conception ...

We have heard the Mass in French at the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, built between 1862 and 1889. Sitting on a bench in front, is an opportunity for us to admire the stained glass representation of phenomena. The nave of the church, with manyBow toward the altar, and a high vaulted ceiling. Apart from the priest, only a man who sings during the show, but raises his voice and the echo of the whole Church. After Mass, the priest goes to a picture of Our Lady of Lourdes, one side of the church, blessed and praying each Hail Mary and a quick prayer with her. It 'very moving ceremony.

The Basilica of the Rosary in the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception and the crypt contains fifteenMysteries of the Rosary in beautiful mosaics. Every mystery has its altar, and I'm going to the altar to offer a rosary in thanksgiving for our anniversary of AsunciĆ³n, which falls on the ground. It is no coincidence that we were born on this day.

This flame continues my prayer ....

Near the cave, with rows of candles, candle holders are offered by pilgrims. I am impressed by these words in the flames. If you ever wondered how the sky will feel like you can imagine, almostLourdes. And 'one of the few places on earth where God's rules in the first place where people of many races and even religion come together in deep prayer and worship. As with any pilgrimage, is not without sadness of leaving a place so sacred, but as the flames, only a spark to the spirit of God, invoking the intercession of Our Lady. I hope one day return or Lourdes.

No comments:

Post a Comment