Monday, November 15, 2010

Interview with Charlaine Harris in the HBO series True Blood


Image : http://www.flickr.com


In 2008, HBO will broadcast the television series True Blood (tentatively scheduled for March), based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries. The print books are mind reading Louisiana waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who is closely related to the subculture of vampires.

1. Even if you are the author of Southern Vampire Mysteries must have creative control by Alan Ball (Six Feet Under producer) was reversed. You obviously have great confidence in him, but as you canwrite your own creation?

This is not my creation, if more television. And 'the fruit of Alan, and a very different animal to be. I am pleased to see the books of a different perspective.

2. Producer Alan Ball is obviously a fan of the Southern Vampire Mysteries. The information you shared with him in the development of the characters, especially Sookie.

I think we all need to share what I do is right there in the text. When I trieddecided to turn this offer in front of me, Alan was the one who convinced me that he understood what I do with chili.

3. Any suggestions for the true story of blood? The novels will be the basis for an episode?

The pilot episode is a chapter of the book "Dead Until Dark." The plan is now to keep books in chronological order.

4. The shooting began? Has been resolved, and if so, how was it for you?

Filming starts June 7(2007), as last I heard. Are at stake when he was still under construction, and met some of the production team. Without exception, they hit me with their questions, their interest and knowledge of books. It 'was a pleasant surprise to know who was responsible for the books, hoping that my enriched their vision.

5. What do you think of players who have invested? What do you think they bring to their roles?

I'm sure that Alan and his casting directorpeople voted for the right role, because what they do for a living, and his career said to be very good at it. I know nothing about acting, and I'm really fascinated by the process. Maybe I want to know more about the characters from the observation of his performance!

6. This is a publicity tour or interviews that you helped to contain the implementation of the series?

I'm not around. . . I'm on tour for ALL TOGETHERDEAD, Sookie session. They are rather do interviews about the show, and I'm sure it would have been just in all the main, if not too big name for themselves.

7. How strong is the start date of January '08?

I have no idea. HBO officials said the pilot's view was confirmed.

8. There will be a preliminary review of the first episode? If you are involved in this field and you will see for the first time with the rest of us?

Alan said he should come toLos Angeles, for preliminary review and reflect. Depending on what happens then with my family.

9. Any other comments you want to do is welcome.

I read the first two scripts and I could no longer satisfied and happy.

10. Do you have any comments you would like to bring to the community library? There is an impact on you or your work?

Sure. My mother (until retirement) was a librarian, and my sister (until his untimely death) is a librarian, and II think it's a great job. It is no coincidence that two of my best friends are librarians. When I think of how many libraries for people who have dreams and the information needed to keep the books, that makes me wish I did not have a true ... when I realize that sounds very suck-uppy, my daughter would say.

This interview was conducted in June 2007, in preparation for the column in the Journal of the library to display platform (October 15, 2007).

No comments:

Post a Comment